As I grabbed on the rod I was happy I'd gotta place to stand on the door of a crowded local for the next 1 hour. I managed to pass on my bags inside at the expense of some grumbling passengers and then was struggling with my earphones and phone and the rod for support while standing on the door.
Thanks to my latest craze Annie's song by John denver I dont need to shuffle for songs while travelling. Just before I could get started on the song, vikhroli was approaching, I said a small prayer as the train passed by the church besides the railway track and then concentrated on my music. I was happy that now I could manage to sing this song with ease and I'd almost an hour to day dream as I travel back home from work. In between my mind would drift from the song and I would seek help from God for that elusive dream and end up asking for courage to accept his will.
I was blissfully unaware that I'd covered more than half the distance and I was trying to get each line right from Annie's song when the train stopped at Thane. By this time, it was half past 10 there were hardly any people to fight for the door. A guy came up and was happy to stand near the door. But soon another aggressive dude came up, pushed him and took over the door. Thanks to wisdom and probably pleasant weather this did not turn into another local train fight we get to witness every other day.
As the train moved slowly away from the station, my body half outside, I could feel the breeze on my face and darkness all around and the voice of John denver in my ears and suddenly I heard a thud noise. I moved inside and I thought probably it was a bush or something. The guy who had fought aggressively for the door was hit by a thief standing on the nearby pole. He lost his mobile, thankfully he did not lose his balance. Meanwhile the guy who was pushed inside seemed to be delighted and reminded how he was pushed inside in a unfair manner.
For a few moments we sympathised with the guy who lost his phone. I was kinda tempted to ask if the mobile was a costly one or not, but thankfully I could keep my curiosity under check. I could recollect my mom advising every morning not to stand on the footboard which has become a part of my daily travel. I'd read of such incidents in the papers, got to witness one today. I spent some time inside but after a few minutes I was back at the door with John Denver singing Annie's song into my ears for the nth time and as the train reached the destination I pulled of my earphones and plugged into reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment