I was lazing around in the cool climes of the IT capital of India with plenty of time to dream, play cricket , see movies and travel to God`s own country multiple times in the last couple of months.Seeing so many mallus at the same place for the first time I was excited to be a part of this tradition. I was trying hard to complete my dream when I shared the first part of my dream with a couple of friends. One of them even wanted to be a part of that dream.
The dream
A traditional house more appropriately called as some tharavadu situated on the banks of the soothing back waters on one side and a temple on the other side. You could hear the crackers being burst in the temple as part of some festival. I was standing outside the house just about to enter when I hear a faint voice chanting Deepam Deepam emerging out of darkness and then suddenly I m disturbed by my some moron (my roomie) who reminds it was my turn to make tea. The dream ends abruptly but the pleasantness felt does enchant me time and again.
Even the slightest amount of work can intimidate you if you have been away from work for a while. So I was not so keen even when I was offered a chance to go back to Mumbai. But the day I landed at that God forsaken bank(atleast my mom hasnt heard of it) my dreams and reality were getting mixed or the dream was about to bust. I saw a chick or more appropriately my counterpart in a semblance of clothing I would have liked to see in that bloody dream of mine. My brains started working overtime , I was losing touch with reality.The blankness on my face was more prominent but this didnt deter my dad from calling up his acquaintances to find the right match for me.
Everyday I was losing out on my fight with reality but somehow managed to keep my senses at work. I was always of proud of being a part of a country with a diverse culture, mutiple religions , languages, creed and caste. Thanks to diversity the first chick I liked after this dream didnt seem to fit the bill. But I was just not ready to give up my dream. As days passed every little moment spent around the sublime presence of my dream was to be cherished as a moment to remember whenever the realities of your mundane existance shreds you apart.
The last 3 days with my dream were the most pleasant, the only regret is that I made some assumptions one the dream would encompass only kerala but it does cover south india in a fair manner. Second was we lived quite far, it took quite some time to figure out that the distance wasnt too far and I didnt waste any time and travelled with my dream for the last 3 days. I was afraid to speak , chose to indulge in non sensical talk , trying hard not to despair at the thought that the dream would never see the light of the day. Yet I was not ready to disown my dream, was trying hard to find loop holes in my dream but the non chalant innocent smile could only foil such half-hearted attempts.
I was loosing my appetite for food, wasnt keen to get in terms with reality.Reality struck yet another blow and some bloody relative in kerala had come up with a prospect again, the ideal match from some IT company. I have never done any wrong to these people in thought or deed,yet they manage to screw whatever little happiness I seek. As I told my Dad umpteem times that I'm not ready, he wanted me to classify a type of chick with whom I would want to spend the rest of my life.I didnt have answers as usual but on second thoughts I wanted to shout from the top of my head I wouldnt mind a Tam Brahm!!
On the last day as I prayed hard for wisdom and went about finsihing my work with clinical efficiency(pun intended) I chose to suffer, said goodbye and walked away silently as the chap who wouldnt want to blink lest his dreams elude him forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment