Saturday, November 24, 2007

B'nglored @ #3

When I reached House nr 3 a year ago I had a feeling it was not a good idea to stay with a bunch of guys in the same house out of which I could not even remember their names for the first few days. I was used to staying alone and this was a disruptive change for me, but I needed acco for 1 month so I took my friend's word that I would not regret this decision of staying at House nr 3.Looking back I have had some of my best times after college in House nr 3 . So I decided to keep my promise that I would write about them. Although this will look like a testimonial but I would request my readers to take this with a pinch of salt.

Raj : - The only stain on his sparkling and lively image is that he spent most of his childhood and youth in Kalyan. The guy is a fitness freak, very popular among girls especially committed ones and always willing to lend a shoulder to cry upon. He will be the happiest person on earth if somebody offers him tea, noodles and bread omlette. He is highly ambitious, wants to lead a PSU life style in a fortune 20 firm and hopes to get a chick that could match his drop dead looks(as his testimonials say) with loads of sex appeal.

Josy:- Had it not been for his wiry frame this guy would have been the super model of the 21st century. Grossly talented he can win any talent shows with his song and dance antics. A devout christian, goes to church every sunday without fail and thanks to him I get to confess my sins every sunday! His humility and cheerful attitude tend to downplay the underlying genius running through his slim structure. He is a ideal candidate for parents of catholic brides looking out for the God fearing and highly qualified and extremely well paid groom.

Lalit:- This guy is the best event manager I have seen, has managed every trip, every event in house nr 3 and executed the day to day chores of house nr 3 with perfection and efficiency. Deservingly he is the ideal candidate to start family life as he has shouldered bigger responsibilities at such a young age. Most of us are awaiting the D-day in his life where all of us hope to make it to Jaisalmer for the marriage. He is the one who helped me insert ads in my blog, always on the look out for earning opportunities be it blogging or employee referrals or sometimes even the kitchen pool..naah I'm just kidding about the last part.

Shubhendu:- He is a living legend (for reasons to be shared with #3 inmates only), a colourful personality , has a wide range of designer apparel (available only in tarapur) in autumn colours.Youngest of the lot, hasnt given up on his big dreams yet and hopes to a be a dollar millionaire some day. When he is not around at house nr 3 people cast lots to get hold of his bedsheet as if it has been gifted by the Queen. The only dude in the house to have said no to atleast a dozen girls; as soon as he opens his eloquent mouth loads of maturity and intelligence pour out but unfortunately there aint many takers for such wisdom in the house!

Abhishek:- Self proclaimed techie he is , amongst a bunch of wannabe managers in the house. He is satisfied with his ORA-0600 errors and looking forward to the next hike or the next jump whichever happens earlier. Shy and conservative from birth, opens his mouth only to give gyaan or oneliners whenever he is home and not sleeping.

Gopal:- He is a budding consultant, gives presentations to PSU CEOs on how consultants can change the world. He is always on the lookout for learning opportunities and reads books like Indian Polity which most of us could not read even for a minute. He is also keen on inventing a new dialect for English, deviating from the Queen's way of speaking English. Sooner or later we will have a new version which will have its origins from House nr 3. Inmates at #3 use only 2 words that describe him best :- awesome and charismatic.

Anand:- This chap is our in house fitness expert, a strong believer of the axiom sound mind in a sound body. He provides us with valuable insight and tips to maintain fitness and a healthy lifestyle. This guy is a pretty good bowler with express pace but hasnt managed to win any of the matches he got to play for house nr 3. We are hoping sooner or later he would come good and his extra protien diet, complan and tough fitness regimen would benefit him and the team at #3.

Narendra:- A born introvert, always busy on his laptop be it work or video games or movies. He has done me the biggest favour for which I will always be grateful for the rest of my life. He bowled one delivery on the leg, to which I could close my eyes and give a wild swing. It was a six and to this date we could not find the ball.

A year ago I hated Bangalore and now when I get a chance to go back home I dont feel like leaving this city thanks to House nr 3.

No comments: