Its 2:30 a.m., i'm up wide awake thanks to dogs working(barking) overtime. As I plug in the power chord my notebook comes back out of hibernation playing the same bloody song for the umpteenth time.
I have turned 27 today, so I thought why not take some time to introspect and thank God for the kinda life I ve got to lead till date. I can see the street light staring into my face through the window just as my conscience jeers at the mirror cracking material when I stand in front of the mirror.
I have been blessed in every sense, be it my faith, my family, my education, my work and last but not the least my friends. So difficult to list the number of blessings, easier would be to list the chicks whom I could never dare to propose.
As I curse myself for being so lazy to fetch water from downstairs I'm lying on my bed hoping that someday wisdom would instill in me the answers to all my questions, although trivial, but keep me awake on such nights. I'd overslept during the day, perhaps i'm too religious to tinker around on a day of sabbath!
During the sermon I'd heard earlier this morning the priest spoke about the scriptures where one of the thieves who was crucified with Christ, sought forgiveness, and was promised a seat in paradise by none other than Christ himself. I wondered after a life time of messing around the bloke could pull up such a feat in his last moments.
I thanked God I woke up out of my slumber during the sermon just at the right time, there are so many characters in the Bible, yet this one tops the list of my favorites.
More than anything I await that moment in life when I shall find heaven within my own being. Probably then I wouldnt need any answers as the questions would cease to exist.
For the sake of sanity and my valuable readers (who would have torn their hair apart by now) I would bury myself under the sheets till my mom calls me up to wish me Happy Birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment