I was inspired after reading a friend's blog and have decided to write my blog for this month. I'd promised to Rajesh and Amit that I would write my experiences about our recent trip to Salsburg. First of all I ve to thank Rajesh he bought me khakra and some other stuff Idont know the name, which has been my dinner for the last 1 week. After this I'm kindoff forced to start cooking or starve or perhaps my inertia to cooking might help me shed some weight.
Rajesh reached my place at 10:00 and was overwhelmed by the size of my studio apartment and was pretty surprised at my hospitality. He expected me to cook for him, that was a tall one:-) Aneways I'd a MTR packet of pulav and borrowed some curd from my neighbour so that he could savour a madrasi meal at my place. Next morning the alarm rang at 5 , I did not give a damn, Rajesh tried to wake me up but I asked one last time does he really wanna travel 5 hours and get into Austria.But he was pretty adamant and I was in the bathroom for the next 30 mins. We had to catch the train in another 20 mins. Rajesh had to take a bath, pack his bags and we had to reach the main station in 7-8 mins. We had to run all the way to the train and if we had missed the train we would have lost the money and Rajesh would've screwed my happiness for messing up his trip.
After 3 hours we reachd Munich, it was like a home coming for me but I would rather stay away from Munich for different reasons. Amit as expected reached late, we missed one train and so we had 2hours for the next one. Meanwhile our firang friend from London ensured that he took pictures at every possible landmark. He was so enthusiastic that he we was about to handover the camera to a blind man to get our picture clicked.
As usual our trip was not planned, we got hold of the local tour operator and decided to see Eagles Nest (Kehlstein Haus-50th birthday present for Hitler). Not that I'm interested in History but somehow this was one of the best tours we could have taken at that time and indeed it turned out to be a good decision. Our tour guide gave us as much general info about the place and the how it was built by the Nazis in the 1930s. I just looked it up in wikipedia and I'm pretty much tempted to copy it here.
But the best part was the bus trip to the top of the mountain, one could see the alps, town of salsburg on one side and bavaria on the other. Once we reached the top, the view was simply mind-blowing. It was pretty cold up there, and yes I was up there without a jacket freezing in the cold. For my last trip I was travelling with a winter jacket when it was 25 degree celsius!
I hope the next time I travel with the right set of winter apparel.
On our way back we spent quite some time in the city and Rajesh got himself clicked at every statue or monument he could see , probably he will upload it in his blog. After roaming around for 2 hours we had to get back to the main station. The best part of having Rajesh in our trip he was enthusiastic enough to go upto any localite and start speaking in English (which many resent) without any hesitation. When we lost our way, Rajesh would ask people passing by as to how we could get to the bahnof. Meanwhile Amit would be trotting around as if he was born yesterday and cursing me for his current misery at work. I was just happy that I was outside instead of spending my time alone in Frankfurt. As I was gazing around and thinking about the chinese girl we had seen in the gardens, hoping that I could catch another glimpse of her I saw another lady who was communicating with hand movements, she could not speak. I did not feel pity but I was happy that she seemed to be independent and cheerful. Once again Rajesh was about to ask that lady for directions if I'd not stopped him.
Finally after walking for an hour or so we reached the bahnof and we got a train back to Munich. At the end of the day we were dead tired and Amit prepared a wonderful meal comprising of dal, and bhindi ki sabzi. He's an amazing cook and I will ensure that the next time I go to his place I will make him cook for me again. Probably I should get motivated and start cooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment