I dont give a damn if anybody cares. I have led my life on my terms, screwd up (not literally) as and when I liked. Managed to run a family , raised up 2 good for nothing sons and yeah as an achievement managed to get the elder one married before he could screw up his life.
About the younger one , reclusive and reluctant from the day he was born God knows where he is heading.
I start my day with a smoke and a silent prayer. This prayer includes a request that my wife would cook something good for me but I'm not sure whether I have lost my appetite due to my good old habit of smoking coupled with old age diseases like blood pressure. As I go about watering the plants maintained in our balcony cum garden , my wife would be cursing : the old man is exhausting watever lil supply of water she managed to store last night.
Finally as I sit with my newspaper the phone rings, probably it would be my younger son. He would want to speak to his mom first and would be kindaa dumbstruck to hear my voice. As if I would have shot him though the phone itself with my verbal bouncers. Suddenly his communication skills degrade to that of a mentally retarded patient , but as soon as the phone is handed to his mother he comes back to his normal senses.
May be if I had a daughter I would have understood this fuck up much better.
Ah then I hear my lil darling sneeze I would get to my favorite task of lecturing my son and daughter in law of how to bring up a kid in a responsible way. As if it would help, they would love to make the same mistakes I had made and not learn from me. You see wisdom is hard to instill without experience. The younger one would be witnessing all of these and would hardly care to interfere becuase he has more important things to do , may be he is trying to come up with ideas to negotiate with Iran to stop them from nuclear proliferation or some bullshit.
Thats wat he would want the world to think of himself. But it would take ages for him to lift his sorry ass out of the couch and do something useful for the family or society. I have been asking him to teach me how to navigate thru the internet or how to use the camera but so far he has not got time for this , but manges to sleep 18hrs everytime hes home and the rest is spent in eating and other daily chores.
I'm blessed to have my parents around, not exactly in way I would have wanted. But it helps to have your family around to grow old with you. Not many get to live like this but things could have been much better. We spent a life time complaining about wat we dont have but forget to improve on the things we have.
O God we seek wisdom in everyone around us so that we can spend our life thanking you and fulfilling the purpose for which we have been sent to earth.
P.S. I could not manage to get the spellcheck done